The academy is open to:
10 composers born after January 1st, 1982.
Please include in your application (in French or English):
- the completed application form (which you can download at the top right of this page)
- a 1-page résumé including studies and professional experience
- a catalogue of works
- a covering letter outlining your motivation
- 1 or 2 letters of recommendation
- the outline of 1 project for each ensemble, in order of preference (see Course content)
- a few musical sketches for the project(s) will be most welcome
- 2 scores, if possible for instrumentation similar to that offered by the academy
- 2 recordings, if possible matching the scores. Recordings must me downloadable (please provide attachment or link). Computer simulations will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application deadline: Monday, January 23, 2017
(Only by mail to Adélaïde Rauber, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Monday, January 23: deadline for applications
Tuesday, February 7: selection by the artistic committee and assignation of applicants to one of the two ensembles. Applicants will be notified by email within a few days of selection.
February to July: composition work and supervision by the two tutors
Tuesday, May 2nd: work-in-progress to be sent in pdf (a).
Monday, July 10: finished score to be sent in: score and parts (a)
Non-compliance with the schedule may lead to elimination from the course.
(a): please send scores in pdf format to email@example.com.
Monday, September 25: arrival of participants
Monday, September 25 to October 7: duration of the academy
October 6 & 7: final concerts of the academy
Academy fee: 500 €
Participants must bear the costs for travel, accommodation and meals.
Strasbourg University can provide accommodation in individual flats (around 21 € per night).
Composers must bring their personal computers to edit scores; the academy will provide printers.